Walton, KentuckyApply Now Quick Apply
We are hiring a Distribution Supervisor for our Global Supply Chain team in Walton, KY. In this role you will be responsible for supervising the distribution of products to ensure maximum efficiency quality and customer service at the least possible cost.
- Opportunity to grow with a world class food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Enforces safety guideline and rules GMPS HACCP checks food safety requirements and all company policies
- Coordinates truck loading/unloading and ensures it is done in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all materials are stored in accordance with temperature requirements.
- Maintains accurate stock rotation first in first out
- Cognizant of bill of materials and coordinate any necessary adjustments as it relates to inventory or usages.
- Requests or performs maintenance on facilities and equipment
- Ensures cycle counting and month end inventory is conducted for inventory records accuracy.
- Tracks weight of all product loads and monitors long and short counts on product in and out of distribution
- Supervises trains and develops subordinates if applicable
Years of Experience: Typically 3-5 years of experience
Education: Associate degree or equivalent
- General knowledge of Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Inventory Record Accuracy, Cycle Counting Procedures, Inventory Control Procedures, Food Safety Requirements, Warehousing, and Distribution
- Knowledgeable of Bills of material and Auditing Control Functions
- Good math and communication skills
- Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts pallet jacks and other equipment in order to detect maintenance problems
- Good working knowledge of truck loading operation yard operations and reefer unit type trailers
- Able to operate yard tractor while pulling empty and loaded trailers
- Computer literate able to learn distribution/transportation software systems have in-depth knowledge of Systems Applications Products (SAP) and have a working knowledge of word processing
- Able and willing to travel
- Assist IS with report changes SAP authorizations and system outages
- Assist production in clearing Storage locations
- Resolve inventory discrepancies
- Assist accounting/purchasing with invoice/ Bill of Lading discrepancies
- Lead or Supervisor experience
- Warehouse experience
- Willing to obtain forklift license within the probationary period
- Good work record
- Effective supervisory skills
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 19011549
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron