Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr. Material Handler/Shuttle Driver- Class A CDL
Tulsa, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Sr. Material Handler/Shuttle Driver in our Tulsa OK warehouse. This position under limited supervision is responsible for successfully moving materials supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading frozen food product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks. Shuttling product to various locations utlizing a tractor/trailer.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Moves materials and supplies through the facility. May require the use of material handling equipment such as carts conveyer belts forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping. Places items in proper containers or designated areas.
- Uses tools such as hammers or crowbars to remove strapping open crates and strap cars.
- Uses computer to retrieve product codes part numbers product quantities location information etc.
- In absence of supervisor or lead performs supervisory duties such as overseeing work of lower level employees reconciling inventory and/or route sequencing.
- Moves route trucks into place for loading/unloading.
- Processes load sheets in SAP. Verifies that drivers have proper paperwork and ensures that trucks are properly maintained.
- Properly documents all shipments and work performed.
- Conduct intermediate material audits.
- May schedule defrosting and maintenance of trucks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned which may include general maintenance work around the facility.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
What we need from you:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2+ years of related experience
- Intermediate communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Intermediate computer PC skills; Basic math and reading skills.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in freezers with subzero temperatures for 4-8 hours per day
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- In some geographies must be able to work in various outdoor conditions.
- The incumbent must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and corresponding medical certification as a condition of employment for this position.
- Must possess and retain a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL). May require airbrake endorsement.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 21000506
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron