Material Handler I - 2nd Shift - Starting at $16.25/hr
Suwanee, GeorgiaApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $16.25 / hour
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm – 6am
This is a full-time position within our distribution facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
What we need from you:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years related experience
- Intermediate communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Basic math and reading skills and strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in freezers with subzero temperatures for 4-8 hours per day; Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- Responsible for successfully moving materials supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading frozen food product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks
- Move materials and supplies through the facility, may require the use of material handling equipment such as carts, conveyer belts, and pallet jacks
- Stack skids or pallets in designated areas and cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping
- Place items in proper containers or designated areas
- Use tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping, open crates, strap cars
- Use lists to determine and count quantities of product moving throughout the facility
- Complete paperwork to properly document work performed and may require the use of a computer on occasion
- Conduct intermediate material audits
- Other duties as assigned (such as general maintenance work around the facility and processing of load sheets)
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Business Unit: Req #: 22-2214
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron