Sr Quality Engineer
Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Quality Engineer for our Global Supply Chain team in Stilwell, OK.This position is responsible for providing technical and applied expertise and leadership in the areas of food science, food regulations, statistics problem solving, and continuous improvement projects to meet consumer and regulatory expectations.
What you will get from us:
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured, and highly skilled
Competitive wages, incentive pay, and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Act as technical expert and key resource for implementing processes and technologies and understand how they impact and/or integrate with other relevant systems
- Partner with FSQ leaders and key stakeholders to maintain active work on prioritized list of projects with regular updates to progress
- Provide training to broader team of technical experts to assure appropriate skills to execute process improvements
- Drive alignment between product specifications and process capabilities
- Evaluate customer complaints and implement resolutions to assure product safety, quality, and consistency
- Understand internal and external food safety & quality processes and report to facility leadership on quality issues, trends, and opportunities with the purpose of driving continuous improvement
- Work with Production, maintenance engineering, and PI&D to solve in- house quality concerns; review non- conforming product and recommend disposition.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for all employees in the areas of HACCP, GMPs, food regulations, and quality system execution (e.g. Infinity’s GMPs etc.) to ensure execution and appropriate documentation of quality management systems
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates as assigned
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics policies, and other standards of conduct
- Identify areas of need to drive greatest improvement in food safety, quality, and product consistency for the facility to provide positive impact to plant driven metrics
- Able to utilize and critically evaluate data from a variety of sources to identify root cause and lead teams towards resolution
- Plant records & related information (e.g. SAP information)
- Identify develop plan and execute enterprise-level projects (in partnership with corporate, FSQ plant, and FSQ Schwan’s Global Supply Chain PID) focused on improving product quality consistency, food safety & regulatory compliance
- Effectively communicate plan progress and impact to key stakeholders
- Effectively leads projects to completion in timely manner with demonstrated results
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement testing, and inspection
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: 5+ years related experience (Quality Engineering with Six Sigma Green Belt experience preferred)
Sound mathematical and basic food science understanding
Good knowledge of statistics and statistical process control (SPC)
Understanding of the manufacturing environment and basic production operation
Strong computer skills and ability to learn technical software
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs with strong Excel skills
The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with demonstrated influence management skills
Comfortable in small group and large group settings
Must be detail oriented take initiative and able to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
Ability to solve problems ranging from basic to complex
Strong project management skills.
Understanding of food safety HACCP and basic food regulatory requirements
Proven people management and delegation skills
Ability to develop positive relationships and work cross functionally
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19001131