Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class and growing food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
As a Reliability Engineer for our manufacturing campus in Stilwell, OK you will be responsible for examining and monitoring highly automated, state of the art equipment and developing reliability solutions to ensure lines operate most effectively and efficiently.
- Perform various analyses to determine areas in need of improvement and develop reliability and maintainability solutions to overcome any production challenges.
- Measures and analyzes the reliability of the design materials processes cost and final products of production equipment.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations including: capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues.
- Data analysis techniques may include: statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, fault tree analysis, weibull tree analysis, and six sigma methodologies.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors, and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria. Advises design engineering team on selection of materials. May also recommend changes to the selection and application of production equipment.
- Performs breakdown analysis and root cause analysis thoroughly and presents findings to senior leadership.
- Provides expertise in maintenance plan design troubleshooting work management procedures and PM optimization. May also provide technical support to maintenance and technical personnel.
- Perform FMEA for new equipment and work with Maintenance Planners to ensure adequate PM Plan is in place. Drive PdM/CBM program.
- Select use of proper technology for all areas of plant: Thermography, Vibration Analysis, Ultrasound, and NDT testing of ammonia system (piping and vessel inspection) to comply with PSM regulations.
- Provides input to senior management that will anticipate reliability- related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Write detail PM tasks and follow up with mechanics on findings. Audit current PM task list and modify to improve PM effectiveness.
- Fill in for Supervisor and/or Planner if necessary.
- Execute improvement projects and assist project engineer/manager by providing technical expertise. Become SME in driving reduction in downtime and waste reduction by working with CI Team.
What we need from you:
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
Years of Related Experience: Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years related experience in maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations (previous food industry experience preferred).
- Knowledgeable in reliability testing methods including FMEA/ FMECA, reliability prediction, fault tree analysis, parts stress analysis, and worst-case analysis
- Working knowledge in statistical methods.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and proven project management experience with coordination of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and communication (both written and verbal) skills, Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2030
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron