Looking for Home Delivery?
Material Handler I-1st Shift- Starting $13.20/hr
Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
This position under general supervision is responsible for successfully moving materials supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading frozen food product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
So what’s this job all about?
- Moves materials and supplies through the facility
- May require the use of material handling equipment such as carts conveyer belts and pallet jacks
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas
- Cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping
- Places items in proper containers or designated areas
- Uses tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping open crates strap cars
- Uses lists to determine and count quantities of product moving throughout the facility
- Completes paperwork to properly document work performed
- May require the use of a computer on occasion
- Conducts intermediate material audits
- Other duties as assigned (such as general maintenance work around the facility and processing of load sheets)
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years related experience.
- Intermediate communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Basic math and reading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in freezers with subzero temperatures for 4-8 hours per day
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day
- In some geographies must be able to work in various outdoor conditions
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20002024
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron