Looking for Home Delivery?
Manager Operational Excellence
Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring an Operations Excellence Manager for our Global Supply Chain team in Stilwell, OK. In this role you will be responsible for leading and contributing to best performance within our pie manufacturing facility to optimize safety, quality, and efficiency for operation processes.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Identifies the top improvement opportunities and provides the appropriate data to ensure leadership consensus and buy-in
- Provides data and analytic information and coaching to the teams and individuals who will drive the delivery of improvements
- Identifies and implements major improvement projects involving new processes new technology and/or new ingredients
- Reduces material waste and labor increases cases per man hour and provides documented improvements
- Works with each business unit and R&D on product pictures to define target for each product and examples of defects
- Utilizes SAP data to disseminate what component scraps base quantities and labor should be reduced increased or remain the same providing information to the Engineering Change Coordinator so that production BOMs and routings can be updated
- Utilizes data to recommend and prioritize process improvements
- Evaluates SPC data for products and will tighten upper and lower control limits where possible Uses X-bar and R-bar charts to prioritize process improvements for components not in control
- Mentor coach and train line employees on how to make actual lasting improvements using the data from SAP SPC and monitoring
- Empowers employees to propose and justify maintenance improvements R&D improvements etc. by determining financial saving and project prioritization based on time labor and financial investment
- Utilizes the SAP data captured to prioritize process improvements in efficiency
- Provide dollar loss information to substantiate capital improvements
- Analyze identify and remove the bottle necks for increase line speed
What we need from you:
Years of Related Experience:5- 7 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of MS Office MS Project and AutoCAD
- Thorough knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Capability principles
- Able to generate process flow diagrams
- Understand mass and energy balances
- Understand general industrial process and control systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma a plus
- Leadership attributes self-motivated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to make recommendations and influence targeted audience
- Ability to successfully leverage internal and external resources
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments: able to prioritize meet budgets and deadlines and achieve objectives
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated process improvement and manufacturing project management skills
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005075
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron