Associate Warehouse Supervisor
Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Associate Warehouse Supervisor in Stilwell, OK. If you consider yourself someone who is an authentic leader and experienced in warehouse storage and inventory of raw material product, this may be your next career.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Warehouse Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Supply Chain Manager role in any of our production facilities across the country.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Supervises employees for finished, raw material and product storage, handling, and inventory operations on shift.
- Observes lead performance and trains lead in proper procedures, standards, handling of employees and equipment.
- Observes employee performance and follows up with lead to correct problems.
- Attends meetings and keeps self and crew informed of changes in policy, procedure goals and problems.
- Enforces safety guidelines and rules, GMPS, HACCP checks, food safety requirements and all company policies within his/her area.
- Monitors maintenance of shipping /receiving docks.
- Responsible receipts and measurement of bulk flours (Silo 1-5) during shifts to coordinate flow to maximize FIFO and collaborate with Inventory Control.
- Supervisor, purchasing and supplier on any necessary changes relative to these responsibilities.
- Responsible for transportation arrangement for tomato pastes between cold storage facility and unloading dock. Inventory in transit, cold storage, and in house. Any related activities as needed in the absence of Inventory Control Supervisor.
- Responsible for inventory control of raw materials and packaging materials. Accurate cycle counting records and 98.5% attainment. Any related functions to Assist Production, Purchasing, or Scheduling.
- Responsible for distribution of raw materials between sister facilities and various vendors.
- Responsible for coordinating incoming raw materials from point of arrival until consumed in production.
- Ensure that all loads of raw materials are stored in accordance with all temperature requirements and unloaded in a timely fashion.
- Commensurate with production and carriers.
- Be cognizant of bill of materials and coordinate any necessary adjustments as it relates to inventory or usages.
- Responsible for management of all incoming Hold and Test loads (raw materials).
- Notification of appropriate parties, accountable for all records mandated by HACCP and any additional activity pertinent to the regulation thereof.
- Responsible for production control and maintenance of proper inventory levels to afford production continuity.
- Coordinates with Shipping, Production, Bakery and Packaging supervision to guarantee an efficient flow of materials to and from their respective areas.
- Responsible for order picking and truck loading/unloading, ensuring trucks are properly loaded/unloaded and all cases of product are accounted for.
- Collaborate with Shipping on storage of frozen raw materials and all other related functions.
- Coordinates truck loading/unloading.
- Maintains accurate stock rotation, first in, first out.
- Reviews inventory.
- Ensures that product is in storage.
- Alerts appropriate personnel of shortages in inventory.
- Reports monthly, quarterly and annual inventories, including accountability for it.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the shipping/receiving docks, receiving offices, coolers, warehouses and main freezer.
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates.
Years of Experience: Typically 3-5 years of experience.
Education: Associate degree or equivalent
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- General knowledge of Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Inventory Record Accuracy, Cycle Counting Procedures, Inventory Control Procedures, Food Safety Requirements, Warehousing and distribution.
- Knowledgeable of Bills of material and Auditing Control Functions. Good math and communication skills.
- Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment in order to detect maintenance problems. Good working knowledge of truck loading operation, yard operations, and reefer unit type trailers.
- Able to operate yard tractor while pulling empty and loaded trailers.
- Computer literate, able to learn distribution/transportation software systems, have in-depth knowledge of Systems Applications Products (SAP) and have a working knowledge of word processing.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Assist IS with report changes, SAP authorizations and system outages. Assist production in clearing Storage locations.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies. Assist accounting/purchasing with invoice/ Bill of Lading discrepancies.
- Lead or Supervisor experience. Warehouse experience.
- Willing to obtain forklift license within the probationary period.
- Good work record.
- The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4556
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron