Associate HR Generalist
Stilwell, OklahomaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring an Associate Human Resources Generalist to support a variety of HR responsibilities including: employee engagement, employee relations, recruitment and on-boarding, benefits enrollment, etc at our famous Mrs. Smiths and Edward’s Pie manufacturing facility in Stilwell, OK (Fayetteville, AR area).
What we can do for you!
- Opportunity to work within a growing frozen pizza segment of a large food manufacturing organization where your daily contributions have a direct impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
- Opportunities for career growth! For the right candidate, the Associate HR Generalist role is a starting point on the path to a HR Generalist, Sr. HR Generalist, and HR Manager.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Resolves routine employee problems or issues related to traditional employee relations matters.
- Interprets various HR plans, programs, policies and procedures for employees and provides advice and recommendations to business unit management on typical or non-critical items.
- Recruits, screens and interviews internal or external candidates for vacant positions and conducts new employee orientation and training.
- Executes engagement strategies across business unit.
- Assists in the performance management and salary planning process by creating reports for HR leadership.
- Coordinates learning and development opportunities.
- Acts as a resource for various HR special projects within or across business units or with corporate HR.
- Maintains confidential employee data or files
What we need from you!
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 0-3 years’ experience
- Basic knowledge of HR plans, programs, and procedures related to compensation and benefits, staffing, workforce relations, training, etc.
- PC skills including word, excel, etc.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state and other regulatory standards related to various HR disciplines that enable some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non- critical matters.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003491
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron