Sidney, OhioApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Labor Scheduler for our Global Supply Chain team in Sidney, OH. In this role you will be responsible for evaluating labor requirements and assisting in labor scheduling of employees. If you consider yourself a world class analyst who enjoys problem solving and thinking outside of the box, then this may be your next career!
- Opportunity to lead labor scheduling functions and look for creative ways to promote a strong work/life balance schedule
- Opportunity to grow with a world class food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Maintains accurate and up to date data in the system and providing staffing solutions for the best possible business results.
- Coordinates and communicates with all departments to ensure that labor needs for the plant are utilized effectively and efficiently. Troubleshoots exceptions that occur during the labor scheduling process. Stays informed of all variables affecting labor schedule including but not limited to call-ins weather related issues and other special case scenarios.
- Organizes weekly meetings with supervisors on labor schedules communicates any changes in the schedule to the manager as well as supervisors and identifies training needs to meet the best possible scheduling results.
- Maintains employee profile (primary jobs job transfer sets availability patterns shifts) and skill matrix data in Kronos system with the help of regular communication with supervisors. Communicates with temp agencies and HR to maintain temp employee data.
- Analyzes and reports exceptions within scheduling to Labor Scheduling Manager assign resources to meet business guiding principles.
- Maintains annual vacation tracker and call-ins for employees. Communicates with supervisors and the Labor Manager on approval and denial of vacations. Monitors trends on call-ins and regularly communicates with HR team.
- Communicates with Production Scheduler to bring common ground on Production and Labor planning. This includes but not limited to adjusting labor schedule if the production schedule changes.
- Communicates with production employees for coverage of shifts based on labor needs.
- Manages part-time workforce identifies availability of part-time employees and fits them into weekly schedule to obtain optimum results.
- Reports weekly labor scheduling metrics to Labor Scheduling Manager analyzes trends in the data recommends changes if necessary.
Years of Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred
Education: 3+ years related experience
- Proficient with data entry in database tools Kronos knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as good basic math skills.
- Capable of working with tight deadlines to ensure on- time deliveries.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19003038