Food Safety and Quality Supervisor
Sidney, OhioApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Food, Safety and Quality Supervisor for our manufacturing facilities in Sidney, OH.This position assures that all products produced are safe and wholesome and that they meet company standards for quality and consistency in a large manufacturing facility
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Assures compliance to all areas of manufacturing including raw materials processing finished product storage handling and shipping as well as developing implementing and maintaining a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points Program
- Assists in the development and maintenance of raw materials sub- assembly and finished product specifications.
- Approves all raw materials for use in production via sampling and inspection guidelines.
- Monitors packaging containers for quality and capacity
- Coordinates with management in areas of safety and discipline as prescribed by company policy when applicable to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations.
- Takes appropriate steps to ensure safety awareness among employees
- Coordinates training for all employees in the areas of HACCP GMP's and other regulations and ensures documentation of program.
- Ensures that the preoperative sanitation inspections are conducted and proper follow- up occurs when unsanitary conditions exist.
- Monitors the established programs for incoming raw ingredients in the areas of product rotation sampling frequency sample testing and reporting of data to management to assure conformance to specifications.
- Follows up with suppliers and/or buyers to ensure corrective action is taken Implements and monitors programs to ensure compliance to finished good specifications
- Assists FSQ Manager and/or Food Safety Specialist in maintenance and auditing of Quality Management System for both internal and customer produced products
- Supervises testing procedures to ensure that analysis methods are accurately followed.
- Establishes and maintains a systematic sampling of in-process and finished product using acceptable techniques.
- Keeps records of all tests performed and provides management with copies of test records
- Aids and assists in areas of new product development assuring new product specifications meet quality assurance levels outlined by customer and marketing groups.
- Reviews and works toward resolution of customer complaints.
- Develops and writes FSQ policies and procedures and communicates and trains against the policies and procedures established.
- Assists the USDA inspector in charge in the resolution of Process Deficiency Records or any other issues (labels sampling records etc.).
- Audits plant compliance to Federal and State regulatory standards and reports any deviation to Quality Assurance and Plant Management
- Supervises trains and develops subordinates if applicable
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 5-7 years related experience
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in SAP the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word Excel and PowerPoint
- HACCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of math chemistry statistical process control and microbiology necessary.
- Intermediate skill in the use of electronic general ledger systems including the generation and use of reports from electronic general ledger system
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions as well as professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations as well as product specifications.
- Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information at meetings and respond to employees all levels of management and related business units.
- Experience in food or beverage manufacturing helpful.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002217
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron