Looking for Home Delivery?
Zone Sales Manager - Food Service
San Francisco, CaliforniaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our direct sales team, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Zone Sales Manager for our Food Service team to be homeoffice based in either Northern or Southern CA. In this role you will lead the markets of California & Nevada and execute the AOP sales initiatives and programs to sell the Schwan’s products into Tier 1/2 food service distribution and LLO’s (K12/Non-Commercial). This role reports to the Sr Director of Sales for the Western Division, with a focus on K-12 schools, colleges & universities, health care facilities, Business & Industry, recreation & other non-commercial accounts.
- Execute and deliver Zone Sales Initiatives and programs to deliver AOP
- Manage, lead and develop the zone team – you will have six Direct Reports spread across CA/NV
- Coordinates zone selling activities including bid activity and analysis with sales team, customer sales planning team, Bid Specialists, Marketing Manager, Trade Specialist, and Inside Digital Sales Reps to deliver results all measured in Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Build relationship with Key Zone Stakeholders to elevate strategic partnerships with key Zone Distributors and Operators
- Deliver distribution and LLO’s (K12/Non-Com) against 35 plus accounts in assigned geography/zone by effectively penetrating account opportunities and building Distribution.
- Lead Zone AOP Volume and Trade Strategy, Plan Development and Execution to deliver results
- Lead Zone Bid Activity and Commodity analysis with sales team and internal team
- Recruiting, developing and retaining results-oriented direct Sales Team
- Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 yrs. Food Service sales experience including People Leadership and Development skills creating dynamic team selling environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in non-commercial Food Service sales.
- Ability to motivate and manage team towards Schwan’s overall strategic growth goals (Big Jump).
- Passion for people: recruit, support training, retain and ongoing mentorship of a high performing sales team
- Proven ability to develop business relationships and direct sales activities.
- Experience establishing sales quotas and planning market strategies.
- Comfortable presenting information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency with data analysis and sales reporting systems.
- Effective communication, both written and verbally.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned region as required, up to 75%.
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Schwan's Food Service, Inc. Req #: 20003846
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron