Territory Sales Representative
Salt Lake City, UtahApply Now Quick Apply
Territory Sales Representative
Salt Lake City, UT
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our direct sales team, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Territory Sales Representative for our Food Service team to be home office based in the Salt Lake City, UT area, with significant time spent on client calls within the designated territory. You will be responsible for driving incremental volume growth and sustaining existing volume by executing sales programs to sell Schwan’s products into Tier 1 & 2 foodservice distribution and Tier 1 K12/Bids and non-commercial accounts in the assigned territory. This role reports to the Zone Sales Manager.
- Maximizes Non-Commercial sales with Healthcare, College & University, Recreation, Business & Industry, and K-12 Schools foodservice operators/Bids for an approximate total of 45 accounts in assigned territory by effectively penetrating accounts.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Manager in coordinating sales activities at the customer account level. Coordinates with the Zone Sales Manager to deliver business results for the market coverage area measured in salesforce.com
- Lead and execute assigned customer events (distributor & operator)
- Develop operator business plans in conjunction with market plans
- Plan and execute product presentations and demonstrations in commercial food service kitchen environment
- Develop and leverage local operator opportunities (product and promotion)
- Travel required in assigned territory; anticipated field time at least four days per week.
- Attend Sales Meetings, Training Sessions, Food Shows, and industry events to network with prospective accounts
- Ensure accurate operator sales activity reports via centralized reporting system, Salesforce.com CRM
- Focus on driving compliance and increasing sales of existing and new products via operator influence
- Follow sales process that includes gathering information, uncovering needs, presenting features and benefits, and closing sale with focus on 45 key operators
- Effectively ask questions to uncover customer needs and problems and move the customer to action by building a win-win consensus
- Provide customers with solutions by building customer and product knowledge
- Travel: minimum 25%
- Years of Experience: minimum 1-3 years food service sales industry experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Culinary Arts degree required.
- PASSION for food!
- B2B Sales experience in the Food Service industry.
- Must be a self-starter, possess a high bias for action, and be comfortable working autonomously
- Culinary experience preferred. You WILL be conducting sales calls in commercial kitchens and preparing food as part of the sales process.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and sales CRM system
- Demonstrated consultative sales approach with the ability to build business relationships
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset
- Ability to travel for training needs and within territory
- Home office is required
- Acts with integrity and accepts coaching direction
- Comfortable presenting information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1467
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron