Looking for Home Delivery?
Summer Manufacturing Intern - Worlds Largest Pizza Plant!
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
PLANT LOCATION: SALINA, KS
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program. (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Support production, packaging, or bakery production line to produce products meeting company and USDA food safety requirements.
- Ensure achievement of objectives relating to team member management, safety, product quality, productivity, yields, and scheduling.
- Engage in projects supporting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvement practices to increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Interpret and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Present and discuss findings at multiple levels within Schwan’s, including non-technical audiences.
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, solid interpersonal skills, displays initiative and takes ownership of work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills that enable on- time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a confident self-starter who is comfortable overcoming obstacles & driving decisions from areas of ambiguity
- Candidates should be currently be enrolled in a technical or undergraduate Operations Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Food Science or related degree program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 21000081
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron