Sr Plant Finance Manager
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Senior Plant Finance Manager at the world’s largest pizza plant and home to Red Baron and Tony’s brand pizzas, located in Salina, KS. If you consider yourself someone who is experienced in ensuring that assets are utilized and managed in the most cost effective and profitable manner in order to maximize return on investment, this may be your next career.
In this role you will be a key
player on the plant management team providing key analysis and insights to
guide decision making as well as taking a leadership role in challenging the
plant to improve financial performance. Come join the team!
Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of our manufacturing business and overall Schwan’s Company.
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Ensures all plant accounting/reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with US GAAP Accounting Standards and accounting policies/ procedures.
- Provides leadership and direction to the plant accounting team to ensure the financial accounting and reporting needs of the plant are met to enable the plant management team to meet their budgeted financial goals and objectives. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the plants accounting systems and records.
- Enhances current plant accounting and performance reporting systems to identify variances to enable timely corrective action.
- Uses value analysis techniques to identify and make recommendations to plant management to improve performance and lower unit costs.
- Instills strong cost control/ reporting and planning discipline to assist senior plant management in controlling manufacturing costs while achieving the required product quality standards.
- Provides financial advice and assistance to the plant management team to ensure decision making is made on a sound financial and operational basis. Works with plant management structure to raise their financial awareness and acumen.
- Assists plant management team with short to long term capital planning including identifying and evaluating financial payback on all new capital expenditure proposals. Conduct post implementation capital project reviews to ensure projects achieve financial objectives.
- Annual Budgeting and Forecasting Process
Years of Experience: Typically has a minimum of 7 to 9 years related experience.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Numeric analytic techniques; proficiency in the use of integrated MRP accounting and reporting system
- Advanced analytical skills & tools (e.g. SAP BW). Advance ability to detect trends.
- Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis.
- The ability to meet project deadlines, prioritize tasks, to work on multiple projects simultaneously, effectively present financial data to a variety of audiences, and work effectively and cooperatively within teams.
- Leadership attributes: self motivated, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to make recommendations and influence targeted audience.
- Effective communication skills and ability to successfully leverage internal and external resources
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma a plus.
- Preferred exposure to manufacturing accounting including standard costing and full variance analysis reporting. CPA CMA or CIA Preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19013366
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron