Sr Manufacturing Manager
Salina, KansasApply Now
Schwan's Global Supply Chain, a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Company, is searching for a Senior Manufacturing Manager for the team in Salina, KS. This position is responsible for the plant manufacturing for all shifts including Production and Packaging. In this position, you will be working in a fast pace environment for the largest pizza plant in the world!
- Directs and assists managers and supervisors engaged in the daily operation of the production and maintenance departments.
- Develops the budget and controls for department spending at budgeted levels.
- Maintains actual cost of goods at or below standard. Investigates ways to reduce scrap waste out-of-specification and contaminated ingredients.
- Explores ways to reduce the manpower and effort needed to produce products without sacrificing quality.
- Researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization for cost effectiveness.
- Presents proposals to the Director of Manufacturing.
- Monitors performance of the manufacturing facility by using reports from Plant Management Human Resources and Food Safety Quality.
- Prepares and/or compiles operating reports for the Director of Manufacturing.
- Follows up on opportunities for improvement with appropriate management in all operating areas.
- Interviews and hires employees following required EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines and ensuring employees receive the proper training.
- Conducts performance evaluation.
- Responsible for managing employees including skills development safety housekeeping policy administration discipline employee relations cost control and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Manages trains and develops subordinates if applicable
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 8-10 years of related experience.
- Must possess management/supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in food manufacturing with exposure to USDA/FDA regulations strongly recommended.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate financial figures (product costing standards) and equipment performance.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including MicroSoft Office. SAP experience beneficial.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage employees.
Job Type: Manufacturing
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 16005253
Schwans, Freschetta, Red Baron, Tony's, Mrs. Smith's, Edwards, Big Daddy's, Pagoda, Minh, Live Smart, Bon Appetit, Holiday Foods, Larry's