Shipping and Receiving Inventory Control I
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $20.00 / hour
Additional $2.00 shift differential from 3pm – 6am
Shift: 2nd shift
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
Who we are:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
- Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean and healthy workspaces. We want individuals who take that seriously.
- Candidates that possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and typically 5 or more years of related experience
- Team players that will interact professionally with co-workers and assist with training of new team members
- Bring high energy and positive attitude every day; always be curious and interested in learning
- Speak up! Recommend areas for improvement or efficiency; always be an advocate for safety
- Expert knowledge of inventory management systems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and the ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to regularly handle packages weighing up to 50 pounds on a rare occasion.
- Ownership of inventory data entry and system maintenance in warehouse management system (WMS). May provide training, and support system upgrades and functionality
- Provides guidance and informal direction to co-workers
- Audits manufacturing and shipping paperwork and notifies management and frontline personnel on discrepancies with issues to orders
- Receives all orders for materials by phone, Outlook and inter-office from other departments
- May require operation of dock equipment and support of forklift and material handling duties to support inbound and outbound loads
- May plans daily tasks through ownership of load sheets and delegation of duties as needed
- Strong advocate of GMP and Safety initiatives
- Responds to and take calls from external vendors and customers related to shipments and orders
- Responsible for creating accurate barcode tags and providing material tracing of goods issued to the order in real time, making sure the orders are reconciled to the loads accurately
- Utilizes operational data to create necessary reporting and may complete tasks that are advanced and complicated requiring originality and ingenuity
- Other duties assigned
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1857
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron