Looking for Home Delivery?
Sanitation Manager - 3rd Shift
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
3rd Shift: 10:30 PM - 8:30 AM
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Sanitation Manager - 3rd shift for our Global Supply Chain team in Salina, KS.
This position is responsible for directing all activities necessary for the cleaning and sanitizing of production, packaging dry storage areas, and production equipment on a daily basis in multiple facilities; ensuring that all duties are performed in accordance with USDA (U.S. Department of Ag), SSOP (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures), HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points), FDA (Food & Drug Administration), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices); all safety policies and procedures and any other established policies and requirements necessary.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employee’s skills development within quality housekeeping safety utilization of required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), policy administration of employee relations, scheduling cost control and coordination of all sanitation activities with multiple crews in multiple facilities
- Confer with multiple production departments to schedule sanitizing and cleaning assignments
- Respond to reports of sanitation problems and USDA and FDA issues, and monitor sanitation performance as needed to verify guidelines and procedures, costing specifications, and system data
- Prepare and compile required company and government reports within required deadlines and retain as required for production and food safety audits required in food manufacturing
- Investigates ways to reduce waste, downtime, and improve equipment and employee utilization in our continuous efforts to improve processes utilized; presents proposals to Manager for review and approval
- Manages trains and develops subordinates
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
Years of Experience: 5-7 years related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Food Manufacturing Experience and working knowledge of SSOP, USDA, FDA, HACCP and GMP
- Understands and complies with company and federal regulations and procedures
- Basic skills in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems such as SAP
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Effective Management abilities
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide
- Ability to compute rate ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Effective communication skills
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003178
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron