Looking for Home Delivery?
SANITATION ASSOCIATE II | $16.25/hr + $1.50/hr Shift Dif (6pm-6am)
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active! If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Understand facility cleaning and safety procedures
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for a food plant and all applicable regulatory, customer and company requirements (policies, procedures, regulations)
- Perform basic math
- Read and write well
- Communicate well with others verbally
- Operate steam and high-pressure hoses
- Understand and carry out directions and procedures related to cleaning and sanitation
- Work in a TEAM environment
- Work in hot, cold, wet, dry, and noisy environments
- Take direction from others
- Must be able to read, speak and comprehend basic English for safety and quality purposes
We need someone who can:
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling
- Perform basic math
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
So what’s this job all about?
- Safely cleaning and sanitizing equipment, tools, and facility to ensure all soil and contaminates are removed per procedures
- Operating COP tank cleaning equipment to clean disassembled equipment
- Disassembling and reassembling equipment as directed
- Following sanitation schedules to conduct and document routine cleaning of the facility and production line
- Using and documenting chemical use to stated concentrations and for appropriate applications
- Verifying and documenting that correct chemicals and concentrations are used and that cleaning and sanitizing is complete to deliver equipment and infrastructure that is clean and passes all micro indicator test
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Education: Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
Years of Related Experience: 1+ Years of related experience are necessary
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already…
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003213
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron