Sanitation Associate I
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
Sanitation Associate I
Shift: 3rd Shift
Starting Wage: $17.50/hr
$2.00/hr shift differential between the hours of 3pm-6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401k with Company Match
What we are looking for:
- Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
- High school diploma or equivalent are preferred, 0-1 year of related experience preferred
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen
- Operate steam and high-pressure hoses
- Safely cleaning and sanitizing equipment, tools, and facility to ensure all soil and contaminates are removed per procedures
- Understand and carry out directions and procedures related to cleaning and sanitation
- Work in a TEAM environment and take direction from others
- Work around hot, cold, wet, dry, and noisy environment
- Operating COP tank cleaning equipment to clean disassembled equipment
- Disassembling and reassembling equipment as directed
- Following sanitation schedules to conduct and document routine cleaning of the facility and production line
- Using and documenting chemical use to stated concentrations and for appropriate applications
- Verifying and documenting that correct chemicals and concentrations are used and that cleaning and sanitizing is complete to deliver equipment and infrastructure that is clean and passes all micro indicator tests
- Understand facility cleaning and safety procedures
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal OSHA rules and regulations
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for a food plant and all applicable regulatory, customer and company requirements (policies, procedures, regulations)
- Perform basic math and communicate well with others verbally
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling and perform basic math
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22003695
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron