Looking for Home Delivery?
Refrigeration Mechanic I 3rd Shift $24.00/hr +$1.50/hr shift difference
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
What we are looking for!
As a Refrigeration Mechanic, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and assisting advanced level maintenance position in keeping all equipment and facility in good repair to ensure continuous and effective operation.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
• Help maintain and check boilers
• Clean evaporators and condensers daily for correct operation of fans and glycol pumps
• Install and replace motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas; repairs and replaces improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes
• Perform basic refrigeration duties including but not limited to: navigating through M&M controls, understanding and entering PSM data, checking high and low side pressure for logging and starting a spiral freezer belt
• Assist with setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment
• Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
• May be required to participate in hazmat duties
• The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots.
• May assist with fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging
• Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
• Basic mechanical knowledge with ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
• Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
• Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
• Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
• Some basic electrical skills preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
• Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003379
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron