Looking for Home Delivery?
Process Engineering Co-op (May - Dec 2022)
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
Process Engineering Co-op (2022)
Location: Salina, Kansas
At Schwan’s Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
Schwan's is looking to hire a Process Engineering Co-op for the 2022 year into our manufacturing facility in Salina, Kansas. We are in the midst of starting up a new plant and mutimillion dollar process equipment. This position will have a rare opportunity to help develop and implement new process technology at a large scale alongside a talented team that has global presence.
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s™, Big Daddy’s™, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Bibigo®, Pagoda®, and Minh® Asian-style foods. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
- Investigate, develop, improve, and test advanced, new, or modified food processing techniques
- Support new process technology support in a highly automated environment
- Support strategies in the areas of process development and engineering test runs and specification development
- Work in the world’s largest pizza plant where the demand for innovation is high
- Participate in product and process innovation projects in Research and Development
- Depending on projects and business needs, you may have the opportunity to travel to other pizza plants in the company
- We have high conversion rate from interns to full time
- Support the development and commercialization of new process technology and new processing equipment within Schwan's manufacturing and co-packer facilities.
- Interface with manufacturing and operations engineering department to identify, educate, and implement major cost savings projects involving new processes, processing technology, and equipment.
- Collect & analyze data and present results with basic statistical inferences.
- Provide basic observations as to process methodologies that could be improved and/or applied.
- Shadow Process Development Engineers on various projects.
- Identify and discuss current process principles.
- Document all work according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare project reports.
- Experience with Process Capability studies, Six Sigma, Statistical Control, Process Mapping
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, organizational and self-motivational skills required
- Requires intermediate mathematical skills including algebra, percentage, fractions, and word problems
- Ability to observe safety precautions and procedures
- Advanced PC skills including Windows environment: word processing CAD program and spreadsheet
- Knowledge of Lean systems & practices preferred
- High degree of schedule flexibility due to a 24-hour operation
- Computer literacy with CAD Software, Statistical analysis Software, and project management
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to lead projects and present progress to the upper management
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with cross functional teams
- High energy and a high commitment to safety
- Education:Candidate should currently be enrolled in junior or senior year of an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, Food Engineering or related degree program. GPA of 3.0+ preferred. Recent graduates welcome!
- Years of Related Experience: 0 -2 years related experience
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005811
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron