Looking for Home Delivery?
Maintenance Technician - Bakery 3rd Shift
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
What we are looking for!
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
• Lift up to 50 lbs.—bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed.
• Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time.
• Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day.
• Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions).
• Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling.
• Perform basic math
• Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
• Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
• Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
• Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
• Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting
• Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
• Assists with welding and fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
• Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
• Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
• Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
• May assist with the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
• Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
• Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
• Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge
• Basic to advanced electrical and building skills
• Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
• Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
• Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003382
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron