Machine Operator III
Take the first step toward an exciting new career! As a Machine Operator you'll work in a fast-paced environment and tasked to set up, operate, and troubleshoot machinery in a manufacturing plant. You will be using your hands and working on your feet continuously while additionally completing quality and safety checks on the equipment you operate. As a front-line team member of Schwan's Company, your work is vital to our success! If you have an appetite for more, come join us at Schwan’s and see how far your passion, talent and commitment to customer service will take you. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel Amount: None
What do you need to be a successful Machine Operator at Schwan’s?
- Mechanically Inclined
- Safety Focused
- Detail Oriented
We have a great working environment here... Everyone gets along with each other and are always helping each other out.The benefits provided are a huge plus as well.— Maria H. Salina KS
West Plant- Crew B Topping/Packaging
Starting Wage: $23.50/hr more based on experience
Shift: 2nd shift
Schedule: Crew B
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces.
Are you a hard worker?
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active! If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Lift up to 50 lbs - bending carrying pushing pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Work quickly and efficiently with hands continuously (reaching and performing repetitive hand wrist and arm motions)
We need someone who can:
- Understand simple instructions, training materials, and product labeling
- Perform basic math
- Work different ranges of hours such as full-time, overtime, or weekend shifts (The hours for this position range anywhere from 0 to 60 hours per week)
- Be a team player and interact professionally with co-workers
So what's this job all about?
- This position is responsible for performing different assembly and packaging jobs in the processing of foods
- Making quality products under sanitary conditions in the most efficient manner and on a timely basis
- Unpacking raw materials; mixing ingredients; assembling product and packing finished goods
- Ensuring that all products (from raw materials to finished product) meet company and government quality standards
- Inspecting products; throwing out or fixing products as necessary; writing down the amount of waste as directed
- Notifying supervisor of quality issues, ingredient/material problems, and/or equipment breakdowns
- All work is done on a rotation; will rotate to other product lines in all facilities as needed
- Keeping a straight product flow along conveyors
- Assisting with training of new line attendants
- Counting, packing, and inspecting finished product for correct label, cleanliness, and quality
- Working in a wide range of temperatures and conditions and being exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves, and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Performing all duties in compliance with existing USDA, OSHA, State, Federal, and company regulations, policies, and procedures (including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and safety regulations)
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you?
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks of paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check, and drug screen
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2561
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Referral Program
Start Here. Go Far.
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.