Machine Operator I
Take the first step toward an exciting new career! As a Machine Operator you'll work in a fast-paced environment and tasked to set up, operate, and troubleshoot machinery in a manufacturing plant. You will be using your hands and working on your feet continuously while additionally completing quality and safety checks on the equipment you operate. As a front-line team member of Schwan's Company, your work is vital to our success! If you have an appetite for more, come join us at Schwan’s and see how far your passion, talent and commitment to customer service will take you. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel Amount: None
What do you need to be a successful Machine Operator at Schwan’s?
- Mechanically Inclined
- Safety Focused
- Detail Oriented
We have a great working environment here... Everyone gets along with each other and are always helping each other out.The benefits provided are a huge plus as well.— Maria H. Salina KS
Starting Wage: $18.75/hour + $2.00 Shift Differential for hours worked between 3pm-6am
Hours: 10:30 pm-6:30 am
Shift: 3rd Shift
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
This job is in a fast-paced environment and will require you to be physically active!
If you are able to do these active tasks, we want YOU to apply!
- Lift up to 50 lbs - bending, carrying, pushing, pulling and other activities as needed
- Stand and walk on concrete for long periods of time
- Work in cold and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Operate machines safely with minimal supervision
- Communicate and reason proficiently with coworkers
- Perform basic math
- Obtain necessary production specifications
- Pass on information to co-workers/relay information to and from all employee levels including management and skilled personnel
- Work different ranges of hours such as overtime or weekend shifts (The hours for this position may change based on the production schedule)
- 0-1 years of experience
- Responsible for the operation of manufacturing equipment with simple functions
- Setting up and pre-running equipment to ensure proper production startup
- Controlling of line speeds, batch formula, production rates, starting and stopping equipment, and overall product elegance and safety
- Completing various quality checks
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves, and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Completing all required paperwork (for example: downtime, HACCP, etc., utilizing SAP, SOPs, Safety operation, training, as appropriate)
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with the company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks of paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check, and drug screen
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1846
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Referral Program
Start Here. Go Far.