Looking for Home Delivery?
Logistics and Transport Intern
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
LOCATION: SALINA, KS
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Gain insight and experience in planning and execution of standard Distribution Center processes
- Participate in process rotations (loading, unloading and shadowing supervisors)
- Plan Daily/weekly DC activity
- Standard Operating Process (SOP) or executing OB loads
- Receive and schedule IB/OB loads
- Computer center operations (e.g. HK, High jump, etc.)
- Determine good/bad performance in the DC
- Visible audit and hard measures
- Project assignment
- Short assignment to improve DC productivity
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, solid interpersonal skills and a willingness to work various shifts are required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills that enable on- time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Must be a confident self-start who is conformable overcoming obstacles & driving decisions from areas of ambiguity
- Candidates should be currently be enrolled in a technical or undergraduate Operations Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, or related degree program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 21000174
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron