FSQ TECHNICIAN - 1st Shift
Salina, KansasApply Now
What we are looking for
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We need someone who can:
- Read and interpret basic technical documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) as it applies to specific plant operations (HACCP certification preferred).
- Confirm a satisfactory current job performance and safety record.
- Work in a variety of temperatures.
- Learn and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep accurate documentation of daily information.
- Complete the investigation and the documenting of incidents involving product/ingredient Food Safety issues.
- Communicate in English (verbally and through writing) to accurately create and document company reports.
- Read and understand product specifications.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- (Preferably) demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in SAP, the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
So what’s this job all about?
- Performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products, in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality.
- Planning and establishing FSQ activities and procedures.
- Monitoring daily adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and reporting issues to management.
- Generating reports such as specification notices and tend analysis using Microsoft Windows Word and Excel. Processes transactions in SAP to release product from QA hold.
- Verifying regulatory, formula, and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Documenting review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Working with Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Sensory, and Product Development, to gather samples and information needed for product testing.
- Evaluating Certificate of Analysis data against specification and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Working with production management to rework product for most routine product quality issues.
- Generates and maintains reports of all testing performed and all quality and food safety issues
- Conducts plant food safety/GMP orientation when necessary.
- Performing associated formulation audits and quality checks as necessary and according to product specifications.
What we want to do for you
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on Company results
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
Req #: 18007633