Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $20.00 / hour
Additional $2.00 shift differential from 3pm – 6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Earn up to 2 weeks paid time off during first year
- 401k with Company Match
What we need from you:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience with 0-2 years of related experience
- Basic electrical skills required, Arc Flash trained, must understand solid state circuitry, must understand 110V, 220V, 440V, and 480V systems
- Must be able to lift ninety (90) lbs
- Ability to read electrical schematics, diagnose problems with programmable controllers on equipment, and operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders, carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and complete required paperwork
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume
- Ability to expand knowledge and skills via on-the-job and formal training directed at increasing job-related skills as mandated by management/Supervisor including all required OSHA training
- Ability to learn basic computer skills including SAP Maintenance Module.
- Ability to comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Ability to obtain a valid forklift license
- Responsible for electrical troubleshooting, installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of assigned production machinery, mechanical equipment, and/or property to ensure continuous and effective operation
- Perform simple to standard repairs and assist in receiving, adjusting, and installing new plant equipment insuring the proper electrical performance; operating a variety of power hand and shop tools as required
- Assist in the diagnosis of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and similar problems and apply appropriate corrective action
- Read and interprets schematic drawings and diagrams required to perform maintenance on or install plant equipment
- May assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and equipment primarily electrical in nature
- Perform preventative electrical repairs on electrical cords and motors and assist with preventative maintenance on equipment replacement of parts
- Run conduit and pulls, electrical wire to wire new and used equipment, and help replace starters, relays switches, and fuses in electrical panels. Help replace main and auxiliary disconnects as required
- Perform basic electrical duties including but not limited to: using a voltage/ohm meter to check motor windings, fuses, line voltage output, and transformer output using an amp meter to amp a motor, using motor leads to reverse a motor, using an electrical schematic to determine machine line voltage, fuse sizing and transformer incoming and outgoing voltages, and checking/troubleshooting single phase and three phase wiring
- Participate in and successfully complete training directed at increasing job-related trade skills as mandated by management/supervisor
- Help train Maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced and notify supervisor of electrical or related problems as required
- Perform all duties in accordance with USDA, company policy, and established procedures and maintains clean work area
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1853
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron