Looking for Home Delivery?
Associate Production Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Salina, KansasApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring an Associate Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift at the world’s largest pizza plant and home to Red Baron and Tony’s brand pizzas, located in Salina, KS. This position is responsible for supervising the production, packaging, bakery, and processing of food product.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Associate Production Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Production Supervisor.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Directs production packaging and bakery on simple to moderately complex production lines to ensure company and USDA requirements are met.
- Supervises trains and develops subordinates.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Manages employee performance and skills development conducts performance appraisals and administers disciplinary action including employment terminations when necessary.
- Responsible for safety housekeeping policy administration employee relations cost control and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company state and federal requirements for food safety are met.
- Reviews and signs off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation.
- Checks product quality usage waste product counts and weights to assure performance and attainment.
- Demonstrate KPI measures.
- Reviews and/or prepares and assures accuracy of various operational reports.
- Assures improvements if needed and timely distribution of reports and budget information.
- Maintains constant improvement in making quality products reducing costs and following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety Initiative programs implementation and compliance
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: High School Diploma. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0-3 years
- Intermediate personal computer skills including MicroSoft Office.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of USDA FDA and BRC regulations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Bakery/dough processes preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20000106
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron