Looking for Home Delivery?
Maintenance Technician III
Pottstown, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Setup and tear down equipment; performs major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Performs minor to major maintenance repairs including lifting positioning and fastening objects using hand tools and power tools
- Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting.
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- Responsible for the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced
- Performs fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging such as fabricating guards doors and steps, using a lathe for shaft and sprocket creation, and fabricate air cylinder mounts, sensor mounts, and conveyors.
- Performs welding on food equipment to food safe specifications
Must have operating knowledge of machine shop related equipment. CNC programming experience preferred.
- Welding experience
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced mechanical knowledge
- Advanced electrical and basic to advanced building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Experience with high speed manufacturing equipment
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20001164
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron