Looking for Home Delivery?
Maintenance Technician III - 2nd Shift
Pottstown, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Maintenance Technician III - 2nd shift in Pottstown, PA. This position is primarily responsible for properly maintaining and repairing production machinery, mechanical equipment and property in a generalist capacity to ensure continuous and effective operation to include preventative maintenance, welding and fabrication as needed.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Setup and tear down equipment; performs major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools.
- Performs minor to major maintenance repairs including lifting positioning and fastening objects using hand tools and power tools.
- Perform advanced maintenance duties using hoists and hand and power tools such as reading mechanical schematics, cut & key a shaft, broach a sprocket, change gear head, weld stainless metal, use a metal sheer, use a metal bender, cut & crimp ends on hydraulic hose and cut & lace belting.
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations.
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area.
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills.
- Responsible for the training of lower level maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced.
- Performs fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging such as fabricating guards doors and steps, using a lathe for shaft and sprocket creation, and fabricate air cylinder mounts, sensor mounts, and conveyors.
- Performs welding on food equipment to food safe specifications.
- Must have operating knowledge of machine shop related equipment.
- CNC programming experience preferred.
- Welding experience.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of related experience
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
- Advanced mechanical knowledge
- Advanced electrical and basic to advanced building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Experience with high speed manufacturing equipment
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20001164
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron