Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr Mgr Technical Maintenance
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
SFC Global Supply Chain Inc., a division of The Schwan Food Company, is hiring a Senior Technical Manager to lead all maintenance initiatives at our Houston, TX location. This position is responsible for developing and continually evolving the manufacturing plants Asset Reliability Continuous Improvement Programs to meet business demands. This position is responsible for overseeing the plant facility production and packaging maintenance activities utilizing a Program Driven Maintenance approach.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Associate Production Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Production Supervisor.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Leads and manages the maintenance activities and improvement projects in support of plant operational needs and goals.
- Supervises the continuous improvement/optimization of the manufacturing processes with a focus on a PM based structure and downtime minimization.
- Directs and assists managers and supervisors engaged in the daily operation of the production and maintenance departments.
- Collaborate with production departments on resolution of issues concerning facilities and equipment
- Participates in the capital planning process.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and provide cost effective solutions.
- Identifies and manages outside vendors participating in plant and grounds maintenance activities.
- Explores ways to reduce the manpower and effort needed to produce products without sacrificing quality.
- Researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization for cost effectiveness. Presents proposals to the Director of Manufacturing.
- Monitors performance of the manufacturing facility by using reports from Plant Management Human Resources Safety Food Safety & Quality and data from the current Manufacturing Execution systems (SAP & Red Zone).
- Prepares and/or compiles operating reports for the Director of Manufacturing.
- Follows up on opportunities for improvement with appropriate management in all operating areas.
- Responsible for the effective utilization of employees skills development mechanical downtime equipment effectiveness housekeeping safety policy administration discipline employee relations cost control and problem solving while ensuring budgeted performance is monitored and compliant.
- Ensures that plant facilities and equipment meet OSHA standards.
- Responsible to ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner and that all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is worn as necessary.
- Ensures employees receive the proper safety training in accordance with Company Local State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Directs trains and develops subordinates if applicable.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 10+ years related experience
Must possess management/supervisory experience.
Prior experience in food manufacturing with exposure to USDA/FDA regulations strongly recommended.
Related course work in electrical mechanical or programmable logic controls.
Ability to read analyze and interpret general business periodicals professional journals technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients customers and the general public.
Good computer skills utilizing SAP Outlook Excel and Word.
Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Ability to train all levels of maintenance positions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
Good mechanical people math communication and problem solving skills.
Ability to work with people under stress.
Demonstrated organizational ability to handle project management multiple tasks prioritizing is necessary and meeting required deadlines.
Good communication and effective positive interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
Previous Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required preferably in the food industry.
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
Proactive in seeking solutions and continuous improvement opportunities.
Willing to be involved as necessary with all shifts.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003218
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron