Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr. Human Resources Manager - Manufacturing
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Human Resources Manager for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is passionate about people and driving and engaging culture, this may be your next career! In this role you will be responsible for executing and supporting Human Resource policies procedures and practices relating to human resources activity to ensure equitable and uniform application compliance with applicable laws and regulations and alignment and support of Corporate and Region business strategies and tactics.
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders and showcase your people engagement talents to impact a company focused on a strong and positive employee culture.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Assists corporate senior management for assigned business groups in human resources related planning development implementation and evaluation activities.
- Acts as appropriate change agent as well as HR consultant and key contact for Region HR staff to provide guidance and assistance to corporate Region management on policy related issues.
- Creates tactical plans, prioritizes and allocates resources, initiates the implementation of plans and policies, and monitors and interprets results.
- Provides appropriate communications within the organization, promotes direct communication, and promotes employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
- Meets with employees to address concerns, explain corporate policies and procedures, and mediate differences between employees and managers.
- Drives programs to ensure continued union free status by developing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Monitors utilization of performance management program and use of corrective actions to address job performance and other behavioral issues.
- Administers HR functions within assigned groups to include employee relations, compensation, recruitment, training, EEO/AA, benefits, employment and employee services.
- Identifies opportunities to continually improve organizational effectiveness efficiency and productivity.
- Investigates a variety of employee-related issues incidents and complaints resolve disputes and recommend appropriate action.
- Coordinates with corporate to assure adherence to company policies for initiating disciplinary and staffing decisions.
- Anticipates and plans for change in human resource area as to: organizational structure, employee motivation, and staffing total reward systems.
- Works with management to resolve conflict or controversy to facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
- Directs functions designed to maintain employee morale and productivity at a high level (i.e. counseling employees, requesting advice relative to a company situation, conflict resolution, employee discipline).
- Assists in developing and implementing company policies and procedures in conjunction with senior management to assure consistent and good employee relations.
- Provides appropriate communications within the organization and promote employee understanding of programs policies and objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
- Coaches and facilitates problem solving for employees and managers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of government laws rules and regulations regarding employment, recruiting, and employee relations to ensure legal compliance (consults with Legal Department as needed).
- Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts with Human Resources managers in other companies in the industries and locations in which the company operates.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures and state and federal law to be applied to a wide variety of situations is fair equitable and consistent throughout company.
- Directs trains and develops subordinates if applicable.
Years of Experience: 8 - 10 years related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of U.S. HR laws and regulations, U.S. HR and employee relations' practices and policies developed through a combination of classroom training and work experience.
- General knowledge of other U.S. HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated project management ability, demonstrated problem solving and decision making abilities that reflect the depth of knowledge focus on the customer and recognition of business objectives for this senior position.
- Demonstrated ability to research appropriate solutions and make appropriate recommendations and counseling to engender confidence and credibility.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19012324
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron