Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr. Human Resources Manager - Manufacturing (Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese)
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We are hiring a Sr. Human Resources Manager for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is passionate about people and driving and engaging culture, this may be your next career! In this role you will be responsible for executing and supporting Human Resource policies procedures and practices relating to human resources activity to ensure equitable and uniform application compliance with applicable laws and regulations and alignment and support of Corporate and Region business strategies and tactics.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders and showcase your people engagement talents to impact a company focused on a strong and positive employee culture.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Assists corporate senior management for assigned business groups in human resources related planning development implementation and evaluation activities.
- Acts as appropriate change agent as well as HR consultant and key contact for Region HR staff to provide guidance and assistance to corporate Region management on policy related issues.
- Creates tactical plans, prioritizes and allocates resources, initiates the implementation of plans and policies, and monitors and interprets results.
- Lead high volume hourly recruiting strategy.
- Provides appropriate communications within the organization, promotes direct communication, and promotes employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
- Meets with employees to address concerns, explain corporate policies and procedures, and mediate differences between employees and managers.
- Drives programs to ensure continued union free status by developing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Monitors utilization of performance management program and use of corrective actions to address job performance and other behavioral issues.
- Administers HR functions within assigned groups to include employee relations, compensation, recruitment, training, EEO/AA, benefits, employment and employee services.
- Identifies opportunities to continually improve organizational effectiveness efficiency and productivity.
- Investigates a variety of employee-related issues incidents and complaints resolve disputes and recommend appropriate action.
- Coordinates with corporate to assure adherence to company policies for initiating disciplinary and staffing decisions.
- Anticipates and plans for change in human resource area as to: organizational structure, employee motivation, and staffing total reward systems.
- Works with management to resolve conflict or controversy to facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
- Directs functions designed to maintain employee morale and productivity at a high level (i.e. counseling employees, requesting advice relative to a company situation, conflict resolution, employee discipline).
- Assists in developing and implementing company policies and procedures in conjunction with senior management to assure consistent and good employee relations.
- Provides appropriate communications within the organization and promote employee understanding of programs policies and objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
- Coaches and facilitates problem solving for employees and managers.
- Maintains a current knowledge of government laws rules and regulations regarding employment, recruiting, and employee relations to ensure legal compliance (consults with Legal Department as needed).
- Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts with Human Resources managers in other companies in the industries and locations in which the company operates.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of company policies and procedures and state and federal law to be applied to a wide variety of situations is fair equitable and consistent throughout company.
- Directs trains and develops subordinates.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Years of Experience: 8 - 10 years related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese (requirement)
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of U.S. HR laws and regulations, U.S. HR and employee relations' practices and policies developed through a combination of classroom training and work experience.
- General knowledge of other U.S. HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated project management ability, demonstrated problem solving and decision making abilities that reflect the depth of knowledge focus on the customer and recognition of business objectives for this senior position.
- Demonstrated ability to research appropriate solutions and make appropriate recommendations and counseling to engender confidence and credibility.
- Leading high volume recruiting strategies.
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20002811
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron