Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr FSQ Technician
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
What we are looking for
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We need someone who can:
- Demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in SAP, InfinityQS (IQS), and the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Read and interpret basic technical documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) as it applies to specific plant operations (HACCP certification preferred).
- Show familiarity with USDA, FDA and audit principles.
- Confirm a satisfactory current job performance and safety record.
- Work in a variety of temperatures.
- Learn and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep accurate documentation of daily information.
- Complete investigation and the documenting of incidents involving product/ingredient Food Safety issues.
- Communicate in English (verbally and through writing) to accurately create and document company reports.
- Read and understand product specifications.
- Operate independently with limited supervision.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills.
So what’s this job all about?
- Performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products, in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality and food safety.
- Assisting in planning and establishing FSQ activities and procedures.
- Monitoring adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices(GMPs) and reporting issues to management.
- Generating reports such as specification notices and processes transactions in SAP to hold and release product.
- Monitoring overall product quality by verifying compliance to product specification and performing traceability exercises.
- Overseeing and documenting food safety incidents including accurately and immediately completing corrective action/incident report.
- Verifying regulatory, formula, and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Documenting review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Working with all functional areas to gather samples and information needed for product testing and assisting with product cuttings/sensory evaluations.
- Evaluating Certificate of Analysis data against specification and takes appropriate action when necessary.
What we want to do for you
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on Company results
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003273
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron