Looking for Home Delivery?
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Reliability Engineer for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the performance of a growing Asian food platform and profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Use your technical and leadership abilities to drive reliability programs across plant teams that will ensure efficient and effective plant operations.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Under general supervision the Reliability Engineer will be responsible for examining and monitoring current production equipment and developing reliability solutions so that production lines operate most effectively and efficiently.
- Perform various analyses to determine areas in need of improvement and develop reliability and maintainability solutions to overcome any production challenges.
- Measures and analyzes the reliability of the design materials processes cost and final products of production equipment.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations including: capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues.
- Data analysis techniques may include: statistical process control, reliability modeling and prediction, fault tree analysis, weibull tree analysis, and six sigma methodologies.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors, and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks and effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria. Advises design engineering team on selection of materials. May also recommend changes to the selection and application of production equipment.
- Performs breakdown analysis and root cause analysis thoroughly and presents findings to senior leadership. Provides expertise in maintenance plan design troubleshooting work management procedures and PM optimization. May also provide technical support to maintenance and technical personnel.
- Perform FMEA for new equipment and work with Maintenance Planners to ensure adequate PM Plan is in place.
- Drive PdM/CBM program.
- Select use of proper technology for all areas of plant: Thermography, Vibration Analysis, Ultrasound, and NDT testing of ammonia system (piping and vessel inspection) to comply with PSM regulations. Provides input to senior management that will anticipate reliability- related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Write detail PM tasks and follow up with mechanics on findings. Audit current PM task list and modify to improve PM effectiveness.
- Fill in for Supervisor and/or Planner if necessary.
- Execute improvement projects and assist project engineer/manager by providing technical expertise. Become SME in driving reduction in downtime and waste reduction by working with CI Team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
Years of Related Experience: Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years related experience in maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations (previous food industry experience preferred) .
- Knowledgeable in reliability testing methods including FMEA/ FMECA, reliability prediction, fault tree analysis, parts stress analysis, and worst case analysis.
- Working knowledge in statistical methods.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and proven project management experience with coordination of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and communication (both written and verbal) skills, Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20003477
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron