Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Pasadena, TexasApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Cost Accountant for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is a self starter and experienced in overseeing and monitoring daily financial transactions associated with plant raw material usage and has participated in the preparation of annual direct operating budget, this may be your next career.
What you will get from us:
Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Cost Accountant role is a starting point on the path to a Plant Financial Controller position
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
Partners with various cross-functional departments within the plant and corporate office in strategic project management efforts to compute the unit cost of product from labor material and overhead costs.
Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- Conducts and analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
- Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs. Initiate, recommend, and develop processes, budget timelines, and training to implement new practices within manufacturing.
- Assist Product Development, Packaging Services, Operations, and Cost Accounting in analyzing and evaluating new product specifications for potential product launch.
- Assist plant management and corporate with cost accounting in the development and analysis of the annual operating budget.
- Assist plant production planning and plant operations management in evaluating cost effective solutions related to operational efficiencies.
- Manage all direct material usages impacting product costs as well as identification of process improvements.
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: Typically has a minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Strong Accounting Finance and Information technology experience.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Outlook Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to become and remain organized.
- The ability to effectively analyze data formulate recommendations and present findings.
- Intermediate skill in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems such as SAP.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of plant operations and its product lines by working in a cross functional capacity in the product development process.
- Detailed oriented.
- Able to work independently and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to adjust work direction within shifting priorities.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19004180