Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
About the Company: At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail- grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and lead exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications
- Networks and creates relationships with upper level management, executives and the CEO
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits (if hired on full-time)
The Position: Interns work hands-on within the Plant Engineering and Environmental Health & Safety areas to help identify process improvements, cost savings and work on cross-functional teams throughout the company.
- Partners with Maintenance, Production, Safety, Corporate Engineering, and R&D to identify and implement major cost savings projects involving new processes, new technology, and/or new ingredient.
- Assists with development of machinery and systems specifications and provides ongoing support for revisions and updates
- Develops, documentation, and presentation of conceptual layouts, feasibility studies, budgetary estimates, etc.
- Conducts studies of processes on existing lines: make recommendations based upon opportunities to increase productivity, reduce cost, improve quality, and implements improvements.
- Cross-functional exposure including Quality, Human Resources, Logistics, and PI&D
- Executes capital projects within established schedules and budgets; including equipment selection, line layout engineering, integration and controls, project scope and documentation, purchase order origination, invoice tracking, startup support, ergonomic designs, etc.
- Develops and Supports estimates and presents preliminary capital proposals including return on investment, benefits and alternatives
• Highly motivated self-starter who displays initiative and takes ownership of work
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments
• General understanding of industrial process and control systems
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity & overcome obstacles
• Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Candidates should be currently be enrolled in an undergraduate Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering [or related] degree program with an anticipated graduation date of May 2020.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19011540
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron