Forklift Operator I 2nd Shift
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Starting Pay: $17.50/hour
Additional 1.50 shift differential from 6pm – 6am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- 401k Company Match
What we need from you:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, must be 18 years of age and 0-1 year of related experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read written documentation containing scheduled moves, printout computer screens, and store tickets for accurate product movement
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers including Supervisors/Managers
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers
- Ability to operate clean-up broom, plastic compactor, forklifts, and carts
- Ability to gain and maintain required forklift certification and license and satisfactory completion of cart driver training
- Ability to key product/move data into terminals on a daily basis
- Ability to work in cold/freezing temperatures of 30 degrees
- Ability to understand/use WMS (Warehouse Management System); and eventually understand/utilize SAP (Systems Applications Products in Data Processing)
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions
- Computer exposure and/or experience highly beneficial
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with co- workers
- Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure
- Comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2066
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron