Looking for Home Delivery?
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Financial Analyst for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is: Responsible for planning and scheduling all modification to existing equipment and facilities and preventive maintenance in assigned areas.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
This position under direct or general supervision is responsible for conducting and documenting somewhat complex financial analysis projects.
- Reports analyzes and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis budget versus actual etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compare forecasts to actual reporting
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Typically, has less than 3 years related experience
- Good PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite; solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies procedures programs and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP SQL Cognos ReportNet and BEx)
- Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 20004743
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron