Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
Pasadena, TexasApply Now Quick Apply
We are hiring a Financial Analyst for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is a self starter that thrives on analyzing data and providing solutions to improve the financial growth within a facility that contributes to the overall company performance, this may be your next career!
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Financial Analyst role is a starting point on the path to a Sr. Financial Analyst or a Finance Manager position
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis, budget versus actual, etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compares forecasts to actual reporting
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: Typically has less than 3 years related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, SQL)
- High degree or proficiently in Excel and report creation
- Ability to effectively summarize complex information upwards to drive appropriate action
- Strong attention to detail, good organization sills, exceptional troubleshooting, and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills with all levels, and the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to self-motivate in fast paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers and effectively manage those relationships
- Experience thinking critically, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19011920
- Holiday Foods
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron