Financial Analyst - Manufacturing
Pasadena, TexasApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Financial Analyst for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider yourself someone who is a self starter that thrives on analyzing data and providing solutions to improve the financial growth within a facility that contributes to the overall company performance, this may be your next career!
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders: showcase your technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Financial Analyst role is a starting point on the path to a Sr. Financial Analyst or a Finance Manager position
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating information for management which could include trend analysis, budget versus actual, etc.
- Identifies and notifies management of areas that need process improvements as well as areas for cost efficiencies
- Creates or assists with the monthly financial review presentation as well as management reporting
- Assists with the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process and financial analysis process
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines
- Compiles and reviews forecasts as well as compares forecasts to actual reporting
What we need from you:
Years of Experience: Typically has less than 3 years related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Good PC skills including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite; solid understanding of financial analysis and accounting policies, procedures, programs, and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of automated general ledger systems and reporting tools (SAP, SQL, Cognos, ReportNet, and BEx)
- Intermediate skills in the development of financial ratios and comparative analysis
- Thorough understanding of general accounting principles and accepted standards that enables some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19004259