Pasadena, TexasApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Facilities Engineer for our manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- This position is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations regarding preventative maintenance and facility project improvements at one or more facilities.
- Performs ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical electrical and other installed systems.
- Maintains and operates all HVAC systems and associated equipment; electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs.
- Coordinates repair or replace decisions with local facility management.
- Develops detailed action plan to ensure improvements occur within desired timelines. Responsible for complete facility project management to ensure project is completed according to scope, building codes, timelines, and budget.
- Performs facility inspections and reports on condition affecting operations.
- Provides leadership and direction to implement standardization across facilities. Reviews and understands equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems.
- Participates in the capital planning process. Identifies opportunities to improve and provides cost effective solutions related to facility operations. Works cross-functionally with functional leads to drive operational excellence.
- Identifies and manages outside vendors participating in plant and grounds maintenance activities. Holds 3rd party providers accountable for contractual obligations and service agreements. Monitors and supervises HVAC preventive Maintenance contracts. Maintains compliance to City County State ordinances and codes.
- Supports afterhours building needs and activities as required and responds to facility emergencies.
- Collaborates with production departments on resolution of issues concerning facilities.
- Ensures that plant facilities and equipment meet OSHA standards. Responsible to ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner and that all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is worn as necessary. Ensures employees receive the proper safety training in accordance with Company Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Prepares and meets budgets for operating expenses and capital expenses.
Years of Experience: 7-9 years of related experience
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in Food Processing and Packaging Systems, General Construction, and Material Handling Systems.
- Working knowledge of USDA, FDA, OSHA, and EPA regulations.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Works, Excel Projects, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written. Ability to manage assigned budget.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc. Req #: 19002046