Cost Accountant - Manufacturing
Pasadena, TexasApply Now
As a Cost Accountant supporting our Minh and Pagoda brands you will be responsible for overseeing and monitoring daily financial transactions associated with plant raw material usages and preparation of annual direct operating budget.
- Partners with various cross-functional departments within the plant and corporate office in strategic project management efforts to compute the unit cost of product from labor material and overhead costs.
- Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- Conducts and analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
- Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs Initiate recommend and develop processes budget timelines and training to implement new practices within manufacturing.
- Assist Product Development Packaging Services Operations and Cost Accounting in analyzing and evaluating new product specifications for potential product launch.
- Assist plant management and corporate Cost Accounting in the development and analysis of the annual operating budget.
- Assist plant production planning and plant operations management in evaluating cost effective solutions related to operational efficiencies.
- Manage all direct material usages impacting product costs as well as identification of process improvements.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum of 5 - 7 years related experience.
- Strong Accounting Finance and Information technology experience.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to become and remain organized.
- The ability to effectively analyze data formulate recommendations and present findings.
- Intermediate skill in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems such as SAP.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of plant operations and its product lines by working in a cross functional capacity in the product development process.
- Detailed oriented.
- Able to work independently and effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to adjust work direction within shifting priorities.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Performance, Planning & Analysis
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 17000993