North East, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We are hiring a for our Manufacturing facility in Northeast, PA.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company
- For the right candidate, the Production Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Manufacturing Manager role.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Directs production, packaging, and bakery on production lines to ensure company and USDA requirements are met.
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring qualified employees, following EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Manages employee performance and skills development conducts performance appraisals and administers disciplinary action, including employment terminations when necessary.
- Responsible for safety, housekeeping, policy administration, employee relations, cost control, and problem-solving
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Works closely with USDA representative on site to ensure all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met.
- Reviews and signs off on all Quality Assurance and HACCP documentation.
- Checks product quality, usage, waste, product counts, and weights to assure performance and attainment.
- Demonstrate KPI measures.
- Reviews and/or prepares and assures accuracy of various operational reports.
- Assures improvements, if needed, and timely distribution of reports and budget information
- Maintains constant improvement in making quality products, reducing costs, and following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Participates in and supports Global Manufacturing Food Safety Initiative programs, implementation, and compliance.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots.
: 4 - 5 years related work experience preferably in food industry manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience, with minimum of 2 years in supervision.
: High School diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Intermediate personal computer skills including Microsoft Office
- SAP experience beneficial
- Intermediate knowledge of robotics used in production.
- Ability to effectively supervise line employees.
- Strong communication and reasoning skills to provide a positive work environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Knowledge of USDA, FDA, and BRC regulations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of bakery/dough processes preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Opportunity Employers including disability and status as protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4544
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron