Looking for Home Delivery?
North East, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a MaintenanceSupervisor to support our operations, located in NorthEast PA. If you consider yourself a strong leader, technically skilled, and disciplined then this is the career for you! The ideal candidate will be someone who is both electrical and mechanically inclined.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Maintenance Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Manager role within the current facility or one of our many plants across the US
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- This position is responsible for supervising the maintenance responsibilities and team, including: predictive maintenance, equipment repair and rebuild, electrical, refrigeration, grounds equipment, noise control and maintenance training programs.
- Supervises facility maintenance activities including predictive maintenance, floor maintenance, diagnosis and repair, and emergency maintenance.
- Plans routine maintenance, schedules and follows up on problems to develop solutions.
- Ensures that maintenance is performed to maximize available run time.
- Monitors breakdowns, determine needs, assigns resources.
- Keeps upper management informed of issues that affect the performance of the department.
- Reviews equipment to ensure all safety devices are properly installed.
- Ensures that parts and equipment inventories remain at approved levels.
- Responsible for supervising employees including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Ensures all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met by maintenance employees.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 3+ years related experience
- Must have knowledge and skills in the technologies of general construction, electrical systems, electronic systems, microprocessors, mechanical systems, (e.g. production/process refrigeration boilers HVAC hydraulics and pneumatics) and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Working knowledge of food plant production and processing equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety, EPA regulations, USDA and sanitation standards preferred.
- Must have previous supervisor experience.
- Basic PC skills including expertise with MS Office and Outlook. SAP experience beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic mathematical and problem solving skills in order to generate and maintain departmental reports.
- May be required to be clean shaven if trained in the use of and required to use a respirator.
- Must be capable and willing to work any shift and be on 24-hour call for emergency situations as necessary.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004149
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron