Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift)
North East, PennsylvaniaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands includeRed Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring a Maintenance Supervisor (1rd Shift) for our Better Baked Food’s pizza manufacturing facility in North East, PA. If you consider yourself someone who is
- Opportunity to work in a growing platform and partner with key leaders to showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company
Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Maintenance Supervisor role is a starting point on the path to a Maintenance Manager position, or Operations Manager
A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Supervises facility maintenance activities including predictive maintenance, floor maintenance, diagnosis and repair, and emergency maintenance.
- Administers the predictive maintenance program.
- Plans routine maintenance schedules and follows up on problems to develop solutions.
- Ensures that maintenance is performed to maximize available run time.
- Monitors breakdowns, determine needs, assigns resources.
- Keeps upper management informed of issues that affect the performance of the department.
- Reviews equipment to ensure all safety devices are properly installed.
- Ensures that parts and equipment inventories remain at approved levels.
- Responsible for supervising employees including skills development, safety, housekeeping, policy administration, discipline, employee relations, cost control, and problem solving.
- Adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet production requirements.
- Ensures all company, state, and federal requirements for food safety are met by maintenance employees.
- Supervises, trains, and develops subordinates.
Years of Experience: 3+ years related experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- The desire to make a meaningful difference.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Must have knowledge and skills in the technologies of general construction, electrical systems, electronic systems, microprocessors, mechanical systems (e.g. production/process refrigeration boilers HVAC hydraulics and pneumatics), and computerized maintenance management systems.
- Working knowledge of food plant production and processing equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety, EPA regulations USDA and sanitation standards preferred.
- Must have previous supervisor experience.
- Basic PC skills including expertise with MS Office and Outlook. SAP experience beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have basic mathematical and problem solving skills in order to generate and maintain departmental reports.
- May be required to be clean shaven if trained in the use of and required to use a respirator.
- Must be capable and willing to work any shift and be on 24 hour call for emergency situations as necessary.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 18010917