Local Shuttle Driver
North East, PennsylvaniaApply Now Quick Apply
Location: North East, PA
Pay rate: $21.38
Who we are!
Schwan's Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's®, Big Daddy's®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan's Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
So what's this job all about?
- This position is responsible for movement of semi-trailers from plant to plant in the local area.
- Unloads ingredients or supplies from trucks at receiving docks or warehouse using a forklift and stacking material and supplies in a proper manner.
- Maintains inventory of all supplies received and notifies supervisor of need to reorder materials and supplies for placement in inventory.
- Supplies all packaging and supplies to plants as requested to ensure that production lines continues in an uninterrupted manner and rotates material in warehouse using FIFO method utilizing SAP system.
- Consistently moves product by batch codes quantity and product numbers for plants using SAP system and RF equipment.
- Stores and retrieves product in a FIFO manner using computer.
- May operate company vehicles to deliver products or pick up supplies as directed from all warehouses in and out of town.
- Performs light maintenance on company forklift and trucks such as gas oil tires and batteries; including daily equipment checklist on forklift and company semi.
- Performs cleaning duties on vehicles (trucks trailers and forklifts) and ensures that they are properly serviced as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Employee discounts on company products
Education: High School degree or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 0-1 year of related experience.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have a forklift operator's license and valid Class A motor vehicle license
- Ability to operate single and tandem axle trucks forklift and pallet mover (single and double)
- Ability to operate a battery charger, pallet wrapper, computer, telephone system, plastic wrap, and baler
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions short correspondence and memos
- Take and pass all CDL physicals and take and pass a drug and alcohol test including random testing
- Will comply with all general safety policies and procedures in accordance with Company Local State and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
If you've made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Opportunity Employers including disability and status as protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1433
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron