Regional Sales Manager
Nashville, TennesseeApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Regional Sales Manager for our Food Service team to be home office based in the Nashville, Tennessee area, with significant time spent on client calls within the designated territory of TN. In this role, you will execute sales programs to sell the Schwan’s products into all TN foodservice distribution partners and their customers, Tier 1 & 2 K12/Bids and Non-Commercial accounts, as well as Regional Restaurant Chains and LLOs in assigned geography, by effectively penetrating account opportunities. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Zone Sales Manager. You will work closely with the zone sales manager to coordinate and deliver results, with a focus on K-12 schools, as well as colleges & universities, health care facilities, Business & Industry, recreation & other non-commercial accounts.
- Maximizes Non-Commercial sales with Healthcare, College & University, Recreation, Business & Industry, and K-12 Schools foodservice operators/Bids for an approximate total of 55 accounts in assigned territory by effectively penetrating accounts and Strategic Foodservice Distributors
- Lead and execute assigned customer events (distributor & operator)
- Manage the various aspects of the regional business by directing the activities of distributors to achieve annual sales quotas and business goals.
- Plan and execute a “Go to Market” strategy to deliver growth in market, results measured in salesforce.com.
- Demonstrate quality and advantage of Schwan's products to clients in order to gain sales and establish accounts.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements and customer preferences.
- Quote prices and credit terms, prepare sales contracts, plan and prepare sales presentations and promotional events and/or materials.
- Monitor and analyze sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.
- Manage regional sales activities and information by preparing reports of business transactions, keeping expense accounts, updating new customer data and ensuring all assigned accounts are up-to date.
- Confer with clients to provide marketing advice, technical advice and customer service concerning product(s) or services provided.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with purchasing contacts and investigate and resolve customer delivery problems as necessary.
- Serve as primary contact with all key customers and represent the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services
- Assist Zone Sales Manager with recruiting, developing, retaining results-oriented Zone Sales Team
- Travel: minimum 50% field time, with some overnight travel required
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years Foodservice Industry sales experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Culinary Arts Degree required, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple Food Service channels both Commercial & non-commercial
- Proven self-starter and results oriented individual who has demonstrated ability to deliver on sales plan goals
- Proven ability to develop business relationships and direct sales activities.
- Experience establishing sales quotas and planning market strategies.
- Comfortable presenting information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proficiency with data analysis and sales reporting systems.
- Effective communication, both written and verbally.
- Experience with food preparation and presentation
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2912
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron