At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
As an Area Sales & Distribution Manager, you will be responsible for managing the sales and distribution activities for assigned depots. You will also be responsible for managing staff to achieve sales distribution, merchandising goals, and maximization of store level sales opportunities through in-store promotions and customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage sales and distribution activities
- Manage the preparation of sales forecasts to generate replenishment plans
- Manage the hiring, training and development of all direct reports
- Prepare and present financial and budget reports to management on status and key performance indicators
- Monitor ongoing depot operations performance, communicate results and identify areas for improvement
- Manage customer relationships through communication between sales, merchandising and distributions operations
- Ensure compliance with all company safety, policies and procedures
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Valid Driver License
- Basic computer skills
**Must obtain a CDL within 30 days of hire
Flexible work location
Ability to work from home
Some overnight travel required
Requires 40 – 50% travel locally
Medical and Dental Insurance
3 weeks paid vacation
POTENTIAL CAREER GROWTH:
Area Sales & Distribution Manager to Zone Sales Manager to Sr. Director, Field Sales
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Exempt Business Unit:
Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: